Thursday, December 12, 2013

Owl Irruption!

This fall, New England has been inundated with Snowy Owls! Today, I went out to Plum Island to try my luck at finding some, as well as looking for a Rough-Legged Hawk, Razorbill, and Red-Necked Grebe.

We found the first Snowy Owl before we even arrived at the refuge. It was perched on someone's truck, allowing for great views. Then it took off, and I got some great shots!



We also managed to find Long-Tailed Duck, Rough-Legged Hawk, and 3 more Snowy Owls!







Comment if you like!

Sam

4 comments:

  1. I am very jealous of those Snowy Owls, as well as the last two shots!

    I am hoping to get a Snowy this Saturday - wish me luck!

    Also, I will check your blog out frequently in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have any luck? I haven't seen any since these couple.

    ReplyDelete